- Lodging units have a 2 person limit.
- Guests must be 18 or older.
- Reservations are a 2-night minimum for RVs, Cottages, Cabins and Tents.
- Reservations are a 3-night minimum for the Northstar Lodge.
- Fri/Sat must be booked together.
- There are no Saturday check-ins.
- Holiday weekends are a 3-night minimum of Fri/Sat/Sun (Memorial Day 2021, Independence Day 2021, Labor Day 2021, Christmas 2021 and New Year’s Eve 2022).
- Changes made to an existing reservation will incur a $50 admin fee.
Summer Bookings* (May 28 – September 30)
- 50% deposit payment is available for any Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday reservations made prior to May 1st.
- Summer deposit balances must be paid by May 1st.
- 100% payment is required for any Friday, Saturday and holiday weekend reservations.
- 100% payment is required for any reservations made after May 1st.
Winter Bookings* (December 1 – April 14)
Currently applies only to the Northstar Lodge
- 50% deposit payment is available for any Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday reservations.
- Winter deposit balances will be due within 90 days of the confirmed reservation.
- 100% payment is required for all Friday, Saturday and holiday weekend reservations.
- 100% payment for any reservations made within 90 days of stay.
*All other payments are due within one week of receiving a booking confirmation. Otherwise cancellation provisions may apply at our discretion. No reservation is guaranteed until payment requirements are met.
- We allow only one intact male dog in any given timeframe.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed.
- We regrettably must decline pit bull type dogs due to insurance regulations.
Lodging rates include up to 3 dogs per unit
- If staying with 4 dogs please be advised that lodgings are limited to Bark 3, Bark 4 or Bark 5 Cottages only. A fee of $60 will apply.
- If staying with 5 dogs please be advised that lodgings are limited to Bark 5 Cottage or Northstar Lodge. A fee of $100 will apply.
- If staying with 6 dogs please be advised that lodging will be limited to Northstar Lodge only. A fee of $140 will apply.
Managing your dog
- We need the cooperation of all of our guests to create a positive experience for everyone and every dog.
Please review our Canine Rules.
Please note that no matter how many dogs you have, other restrictions may apply, at our discretion, depending on several factors: the lodging type, the age, breed, size and number of dogs you have, as well as the number of guests and dogs already booked.
For new guest arrivals, the check-in window is between 2-3pm. Soon after arrival, new guests are given an optional property tour/orientation. This check-in window allows you time to get settled in with your belongings, take the tour with plenty of time left in the day for a trail walk with your dogs before dinnertime. If you are running late – please give us sufficient notice so we can have staff meet you. We have to pay staff overtime after 5pm, if you arrive after 5pm, you will incur a late charge on arrival. Without sufficient notice, you may have to make other lodging arrangements locally, and check-in the next morning.
For new guest arrivals on FRIDAYS, if you cannot make the 2-3pm check-in window, please note there are no check-ins past 5pm on Friday. Anything later than this means that we will be unable to check you in, and we will not be able to take your reservation for the weekend – you will forfeit your entire stay. Saturday check-ins are not available.
Arrival Times (Winter Reservations Only)
Check-ins will be from 2-3pm. If you are unable to make this window you must call ahead (510-552-3500), or send us an email and arrange for a late check-in. For safety reasons we will not be checking guests in past 4pm; If you are unable to check-in by 4pm you will have to forfeit that night’s stay and make other accommodations for the night elsewhere and check-in the following morning. Please plan appropriately as there is no flexibility on this.
Smoking is NOT allowed inside any of the lodging or bathrooms. Smoking is allowed on property but NOT in communal areas such as the pavilion, supply house or any canopied areas around the property. Please be respectful of our non-smoking guests. You are responsible for SAFE disposal of your used smoking material, so please, do NOT dispose of cigarettes on the ground or in the campfire pits due to fire hazard and the health of dogs who may consume them. If you fail to comply by our policies, you may be asked to leave. You may also be subject to a $200 charge if smoking has been detected in your lodging.
We recognize that life is not always predictable and unfortunate situations can change your vacation plans, but cancellations affect us significantly due to our very small size. Therefore, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy, with no exceptions.
- More than 30 days notice: payment made will be refunded, but you forfeit the cost of one-night’s stay and a $50 admin fee.
- No refunds are given for ANY Friday or Saturday on a reservation.
- Cancellation of a 3 night stay that includes a Friday and Saturday, you forfeit the cost of those 2 nights and a $50 admin fee.
- For ANY cancellation with less than 30 days notice, there is no refund.
- No refunds due to inclement weather. Thunderstorms can be severe so some trails may be closed upon arrival or be leash use only.
- No refunds due to early checkouts.
You are responsible for handling medical emergencies.
- Bassett Hospital (Cooperstown) and Valley Veterinary Associates (Sidney) are 30 minutes away.
- Directions and pre-programmed GPS are on-site for guest use.
The Getaway team will assist as best as possible to support your needs.
- 2-way radios are on-site to reach staff in urgent matters.
- Use email in non-urgent matters only.
Lodging repairs and issues are handled 24/7. Situations that occur after hours that are deemed non-emergencies will be handled in the morning/daytime hours.