- Lodging units have a 2 person limit.
- Guests must be 18 or older.
- Reservations are a 2-night minimum for RVs, Tiny Home, Cottages, Cabins and Tents.
- Reservations are a 3-night minimum for the Northstar Lodge.
- Fri/Sat must be booked together.
- There are no Saturday check-ins.
- Holiday weekends are a 3-night minimum of Fri/Sat/Sun (Memorial Day 2023 and Labor Day 2023). Sun/Mon/Tue for Independence Day 2023.
- Changes made to an existing reservation will incur a $50 admin fee.
All payments are due within one week of receiving a booking confirmation. Otherwise cancellation provisions may apply at our discretion. No reservation is guaranteed until payment requirements are met.
- We allow only one intact male dog in any given timeframe.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed.
- We regrettably must decline pit bull type dogs due to insurance regulations.
Lodging rates include up to 3 dogs per unit
- If staying with 4 dogs please be advised that lodgings are limited to Bark 3, Bark 4 or Bark 5 Cottages only. A fee of $60 will apply.
- If staying with 5 dogs please be advised that lodgings are limited to Bark 5 Cottage or Northstar Lodge. A fee of $100 will apply.
- If staying with 6 dogs please be advised that lodging will be limited to Northstar Lodge only. A fee of $140 will apply.
Managing your dog
- We need the cooperation of all of our guests to create a positive experience for everyone and every dog.
Please review our Canine Rules.
Please note that no matter how many dogs you have, other restrictions may apply, at our discretion, depending on several factors: the lodging type, the age, breed, size and number of dogs you have, as well as the number of guests and dogs already booked.
For new guest arrivals, the check-in window is between 2-3pm. Soon after arrival, new guests are given an optional property tour/orientation. This check-in window allows you time to get settled in with your belongings, take the tour with plenty of time left in the day for a trail walk with your dogs before dinnertime. If you are running late – please give us sufficient notice so we can have staff meet you. We have to pay staff overtime after 5pm, if you arrive after 5pm, you will incur a late charge on arrival. Without sufficient notice, you may have to make other lodging arrangements locally, and check-in the next morning.
For new guest arrivals on FRIDAYS, if you cannot make the 2-3pm check-in window, please note there are no check-ins past 5pm on Friday. Anything later than this means that we will be unable to check you in, and we will not be able to take your reservation for the weekend – you will forfeit your entire stay. Saturday check-ins are not available.
Arrival Times (Winter Reservations Only)
Check-ins will be from 2-3pm. If you are unable to make this window you must call ahead (510-552-3500), or send us an email and arrange for a late check-in. For safety reasons we will not be checking guests in past 4pm; If you are unable to check-in by 4pm you will have to forfeit that night’s stay and make other accommodations for the night elsewhere and check-in the following morning. Please plan appropriately as there is no flexibility on this.
Smoking is NOT allowed inside any of the lodging or bathrooms. Smoking is allowed on property but NOT in communal areas such as the pavilion, supply house or any canopied areas around the property. Please be respectful of our non-smoking guests. You are responsible for SAFE disposal of your used smoking material, so please, do NOT dispose of cigarettes on the ground or in the campfire pits due to fire hazard and the health of dogs who may consume them. If you fail to comply by our policies, you may be asked to leave. You may also be subject to a $200 charge if smoking has been detected in your lodging.
We recognize that life is not always predictable and unfortunate situations can change your vacation plans, but cancellations affect us significantly due to our very small size. Therefore, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy, with no exceptions.
- More than 30 days notice: payment made will be refunded, but you forfeit the cost of one-night’s stay and a $50 admin fee.
- No refunds are given for ANY Friday or Saturday on a reservation.
- Cancellation of a 3 night stay that includes a Friday and Saturday, you forfeit the cost of those 2 nights and a $50 admin fee.
- For ANY cancellation with less than 30 days notice, there is no refund.
- No refunds due to inclement weather. Thunderstorms can be severe so some trails may be closed upon arrival or be leash use only.
- No refunds due to early checkouts.
- No refunds on any gift card purchases.
Emerald Glen Getaway gift cards are not returnable, refundable, or redeemable for cash except as required by New York State law. Gift cards will expire 9 years from the date of purchase. Any requested transfers of gift cards will be considered on a case-by-case basis, upon written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Gift Cards must be used at the time payment is rendered on a reservation. Please note that we are unable to retroactively apply any unused gift card balance towards existing reservations. Gift card amounts used will be applied to reservations made at the Emerald Glen Getaway, 217 Pegg Rd. Morris, NY. 13808. Emerald Glen Morris NY, LLC will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of a gift card.
You are responsible for handling medical emergencies.
- Bassett Hospital (Cooperstown) and Valley Veterinary Associates (Sidney) are 30 minutes away.
- Directions and pre-programmed GPS are on-site for guest use.
The Getaway team will assist as best as possible to support your needs.
- 2-way radios are on-site to reach staff in urgent matters.
- Use email in non-urgent matters only.
Lodging repairs and issues are handled 24/7. Situations that occur after hours that are deemed non-emergencies will be handled in the morning/daytime hours.